Note: Tap the images to “Pin It” if you are viewing in a touch device!
How to make Whipped Cream from Fresh Cream
How many times have we thought at our homes when eating that pastry, that homemade cake, sipping that milk shake that you made – “Oh, if only I had some cream to go with this?”
A whipped cream topping to any of our dishes really ups the taste and makes us crave for more. And we have gotten into the habit of eating this cream only while we get something at a coffee or a pastry shop.
Usually we find that we are solely missing a wallop of whipped cream when we make that homemade cake. And that’s how it struck us too! So how to we make a whipped cream at home using fresh cream.
The answer is in the recipe below.
The recipe is very simple and easy to make. Very simple set of ingredients, but just be careful when you do it, follow instructions to a “T” and you should have a tasty cream with you.
Key points to note while making the whipped cream at home
- Make sure the fresh cream is cold and thick. Remove anything that is watery. It doesn’t go well with making the whipped cream.
- Keep the bowls and cream cold, the cream will be better only in cold conditions.
- Beat the fresh cream in intervals while checking consistently as suggested. Over beating could lead to butter.
- The whipped cream could also be made using a hand whisker manually, but that is going to take a longer time to make and much harder, nevertheless – possible. Its a matter of time. You need to keep beating hard for 30 minutes at least.
- How do you know the whipped cream is done?
A simple and elegant way – Take a spoonful of cream from the bowl, turn it upside down. The cream should not fall from spoon. Once this consistency is achieved, you can stop.
There are people who eat dessert with whipped cream, and then there are people who eat Whipped Cream for dessert. Anyway, here is a look at popular categories that goes with whipped cream.
- Whipped Cream – Add some fresh fruits, some chocolate sauce and chips. Just have it.
- Cakes and Pastries
- Pizza (yes)