Bread Halwa – Bread Halwa Recipe – How to make Bread Halwa
Is there any easier dessert/sweet that you could prepare other than Bread Halwa?
Think this scenario – you have guests come in and you want to make something great and quick. Let me tell you, nothing better than this recipe. It is ridiculously simple and awesome to taste.
What is Halwa
Simply said, halwa is a dense, sweet and chewy confection. There are so many varieties of halwa that it could form a category by itself. All Halwas are great tasting, be it the regular wheat halwa, sooji (semolina) halwa, carrot halwa to name a few.
What’s special about Bread Halwa
Bread Halwa is equally great tasting like the other halwas, and is one of the few sweet dishes with bread! But what’s so best about it is that it is liked by all. No one can say they do not like Bread! At least most of them don’t. And the bread halwa recipe takes like 15 minutes. That means it is one of the easy sweet dishes recipe to make!
HOW TO MAKE BREAD HALWA – STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
- Ingredients as shown in the picture. Very simple set of instructions, almost all of them available in your kitchen readymade!
2. Toast the bread using ghee in a pan. The bread should turn to golden brown in color as shown. Usually all recipes in other sites ask you to remove or cut out the edges of the bread. But here we do not. The reason being, you will get the crunchiness in the halwa only if you don’t cut the edges. This gives a wonderful taste.
3. Now add the milk to a container and boil it. Once boiled, move the stove to low flame and add the toasted bread to the boiled milk and stir well.
4. Once the bread absorbs the milk completely and forms a semi-solid form, add sugar and cardamom powder and mix well again.
5. Finally, fry the mixed nuts using ghee in a frying pan until it turns to golden brown color and add this to the mix to finish off the sweet bread halwa!
Serve Hot! Eat to the satisfaction!!
Generally you can find all our sweets, snacks and cake recipes at the following links: